Obtaining your BSN was hard work, but it was work that inspired you. Maybe you now have a full-time job as a nurse, and you’re ready for more. You have the skills, but you want to narrow your field of study and take the next step by getting your Master’s Degree. You’re ready to help individuals, families, groups, and communities by assessing and treating their mental needs, but traditional classroom education is not compatible with your busy full-time clinic or hospital schedule.
That’s where Online at Southern Miss can help you. With the convenient and affordable Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Master’s Program, you’ll never have to step foot inside of a traditional, physical classroom. The world is now your classroom. There are no set times to view your lectures; no fighting for a parking spot. You won’t have to spend extra time driving to a campus, which means more time with your job or family.
Our degree program prepares graduate nurses with the tools necessary to provide care to mental health patients in diverse community health settings. It’s focused on individual, group, and family intervention, and provides a scientific and research-based curriculum to prepare our practitioners for the professional world.
- Policy, Organization and Financing of Health Care
- Introduction to Advance Nursing Practices
- Research in Evidence Based Nursing
- Psychobiological Theories and Assessment in Advanced Psychiatric Nursing
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing with Individuals
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Practicum
- Pharmacotherapeutic Management
- Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Health Assessment Practicum
“Are there additional fees? How long are the programs? What are the cost?” We answers our most Frequently Asked Questions here.
Advisors are ready to guide you through this next step in your life. We’re ready to answer any questions you might have. We’re here for you. This is your life, plus college. Click here to learn more.