Educational Curriculum and Instruction (Elementary Education) MEd
Earn a Masters of Education in Education Curriculum and Instruction from The University of Southern Mississippi and increase your expertise and classroom knowledge. With more focus being put on the quality of education, educators need the opportunity to increase their professional competency in the classroom. Our Masters in elementary education provides our students with the necessary coursework to meet standards of teaching licensure at an advanced level.
This program was designed with you – the working teacher – in mind. We understand that your schedule may not allow for a traditional learning experience, but Online at Southern Miss offers you an online and affordable option for your masters in elementary education. Advance your classroom with USM. Your life, plus college.
A comprehensive exam is required for all master’s students.
- REF 601 – Educational Research: Interpretation and Applications 3 hrs.
- CIE 728 – Curriculum in the Elementary School 3 hrs.
- CIE 606 – Teaching Language Arts in the Elementary Grades 3 hrs.
- CIE 724 – Elementary Mathematics Methods 3 hrs.
- CIE 725 – Social Studies Education in Elementary School 3 hrs.
- CIE 776 – Seminar in Early Childhood Education 3 hrs.
- Elective 12 hrs. from CIE, CIR, SPE, ARE, MUS, SME, EDA, REF
Frequently Asked Questions
Other classes that aren’t listed may count towards your degree once your transcript has been evaluated and posted.
If yes, visit online.usm.edu/military for more information on how Southern Miss can serve you and your needs. We’re here to help you with funding and scholarship information, admissions and even enrolling in courses.
Yes, the masters in elementary education program is available totally online. Students are not required to visit campus for an in-class lecture; however, an online lecture may be required by your instructor.
Are there additional fees?
Additional course fees may apply. Fees range between $20-$60.