Dyslexia Therapy Education MEd
Are you a teacher with a passion for helping students who struggle with reading and writing? The University of Southern Mississippi is pleased to offer a Masters of Education in Dyslexia Therapy in an online format that provides you with the knowledge necessary to help students with language-based learning difficulties face challenges in the classroom and in life. Our online degree is offered in collaboration between the Department of Curriculum, Instruction and Special Education, and the DuBard School for Language Disorders in the Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences.
Southern Miss understands the need our students have to balance work, school and a personal life. Our program is offered in a convenient and affordable platform that allows some coursework to be done online, while students also spend some weekends on campus receiving face-to-face instruction. Let Southern Miss help you make an impact on your future students. This is your life, plus college.
- CIR 691 – Research in Literacy 1-16 hrs.
- CIR 705 – Components of the Reading and Writing Process 3 hrs.
- CIR 706 – Foundations of the Literacy Process 3 hrs.
- CIR 713 – Literacy Assessment, Diagnosis, and Evaluation 3 hrs.
- SHS 531 – Language Disorders I: Assessment of Children with Language Disorders 3 hrs.
- SHS 532 – Language Disorders II: Habilitation of Oral and Written Language Disorders 3 hrs.
- SHS 690 – Clinical Experience in Speech and Hearing 1-6 hrs.
- SHS 727 – Seminar: Association Method 3 hrs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Other classes that aren’t listed may count towards your degree once your transcript has been evaluated and posted.
If yes, visit online.usm.edu/military for more information on how Southern Miss can serve you and your needs. We’re here to help you with funding and scholarship information, admissions and course enrollment.