Are you ready to set up your SOAR account? We can help! Your SOAR account is an essential tool for you as an online student. So, let’s get you going by helping you get started. Just follow the steps below!
How to Create Your Password:
- Go to soar.usm.edu
- Click “LOG IN TO SOAR”
- Click “PASSWORD HELP” – This will take you to CampusID
- Your Username for CampusID is your “w” number @usm.edu (ex: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click “RECOVER ACCOUNT”
- Enter your Username of w+ID@usm.edu (ex: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter the text you see in the picture
- Select “NEXT”
- Select the option to recover your account. If you do not see any options there, then you must call the iTech Helpdesk for assistance. Call 601.255.HELP (4357) press 5 for a technician Mon-Fri 8am-5pm CST.
- Once you have verified your account, you will be prompted to set your new password.
- Once your password is changed/set, log out, close the window, and go back to the SOAR login page to enter into SOAR.
***Please Note: the Username for SOAR is your w+ID (ex: w123456 or w10001456) ***
How to Use SOAR:
- Login using your Username (w+ID – ex. w123456) and enter your Password
- Click on “Self Service”
- Click “Student Center”
- Now you can:
View your class schedule
View your balance
View Financial Aid information
Make a payment
View your grades
View your Degree Progress Report (DPR)
Update your contact information
If you experience problems with your password or SOAR, contact the iTech Help Desk at 601.266.HELP (4357).
We hope this information helps you get started in SOAR! If you want to know the difference between SOAR and Canvas, you can check out our blog on the differences here!