Your textbooks are vital to your education. They contain crucial information that won’t fit in a single lecture or class period. But it doesn’t just stop there. You may need other materials like a lab kit or set of materials for a class. We don’t want you to be lacking, so we have compiled the steps you can take to get everything you need for your classes:
1.The first step you’ll need to take is to visit the USM bookstore search engine.
2. Once you’re there, you will need to select a campus LOCATION.
Note: As an online student, your classroom will be wherever you can log into Canvas. However, you will still need to select a campus location to ensure you order the correct materials. The campus for your classes can be found by locating the “section” of your class. The first letter of the section corresponds with the campus. For instance, if your class section is H001, your campus is Hattiesburg. If your section is G001, your campus is Gulf Park. This may require you to make multiple searches if you have classes from both campuses.
3. Next you will select the TERM for your class. After you select the campus, the website auto-populates this field to the next available semester. If you need to change the term, you can use the drop down menu to do so.
4. Then you will select your DEPARTMENT. This is the two- or three-letter course code for your class. (ex. ENG, MAT, IET, CD). Be sure you verify each class’s course code before you search. They may differ, even if the courses are required by the same major.
5. Next you’ll use the dropdown menu to select your COURSE. This is typically a three-digit number following your class’s department. If your class is listed as ENG 101, the course number is 101.
6. Finally, you’ll return to your course SECTION and use the drop down menu to select your course section. If your section is H001, for instance, you will find H001 in the drop down menu. If at any point you do not see your class information listed, check to make sure the other information you have entered is correct.
Once you find your class, a list of books and any required materials will be available to order from the site. If you live close to campus, you will have the ability to pick up your books. If not, you can have them shipped directly to your home. You can even return rentals through the mail without having to come to campus.
After you’ve ordered your materials for classes, you can find your order in your “My Account” section of the website. Here, you can track your order’s progress, print your return or rental labels, or reach out to the bookstore if you have any questions. All you have to do is log into your online bookstore account.
If you need help finding your classes, our SOAR blog will help you find your schedule. As always, you can reach out to us by using our chat feature in the bottom right of our website. Just send us a message, and we will help ensure you get the books and materials you need!