Casino Management Undergraduate Certificate
Earn your Casino Management Certificate and cash out with an advancement in your career! This fully online certificate program is designed for business/non-major students interested in careers in resort casino management.
Our online program is perfect for professionals in gaming, hospitality, or tourism seeking development opportunities. Even if you are an educator looking to re-skill or simply expand your knowledge of casino resort management, the Casino Management Certificate from The University of Southern Mississippi was developed to help further your success in the gaming industry!
This convenient and affordable program allows working professionals to continue their education while managing their personal life. With courses offered every Fall and Spring, students can complete the certification in a year.
The Casino Management Certificate at Southern Miss is endorsed by the Mississippi Casino Operators Association. Graduates of this program learn to design and develop interventions that will positively impact workplace learning and performance. Let Online at Southern Miss help you achieve your educational goals from anywhere, at any time. Your life, plus college.
- Regular University enrollment and course registration process applies.
- Please visit: https://online.usm.edu/programs/
Non-degree seeking students:
- Complete non-degree seeking undergraduate admissions application form
- Submit $35.00 application fee
- An official final high school transcript, GED, and/or institution transcript (last educational institution attended)
- To apply, please visit https://online.usm.edu/programs
International non-degree seeking students:
- The International Student application form, completed front and back, with Casino Management Certification stated as the Intended Major.
- $35.00 application fee
- Official TOEL or IELTS score (not required for students from English speaking countries)
- Official SAT or ACT score (if under the age of 21)
- Official copies of all your transcripts and degree/diploma certificates, sent directly from the schools to the International Student and Scholar Services address
- Copy of the pages in your passport that contain your passport number, your passport stamp, the issue date, and the expiration date
- If the applicant has had any university or college work completed outside the United States, a professional evaluation will be required for all university/college work. Applicant may complete an online application for a professional evaluation at www.wes.org. Please request the course-by-course evaluation, and have a copy of the report sent to the International Student and Scholar Services address.
- Please visit https://www.usm.edu/international-services for more help with the admissions process.
Courses offered in the certification are AACSB* accredited undergraduate courses. Certification requirements include:
- Completion of five 3-credit hour undergraduate casino resort management courses (15 credit hours)
- A minimum 70% pass rate for each course (grade C or better)
- Coursework must be completed within three years from the start date of the first course taken.
Courses (available online):
- HTM 345. Customer Services Management (3 hours) Theories and concepts of managing in a service environment, such as casinos and resorts.
- HTM 378. Casino and Resort Operations (3 hours) An introduction to all aspects of casino/resort operations.
- HTM 445. Revenue Management in Hospitality Operations (3 hours) Focuses on the fundamental revenue concepts and analytical techniques via hands-on coverage of computer applications to practice decision-making skills.
- HTM 471. Regulatory, Legal and Security Aspects of Casino Operations (3 hours) An in-depth overview of the regulatory, legal,, and security aspects of the casino/resort industry.
- HTM 472 Casino and Resort Marketing (3 hours) An integrated and in-depth overview of the application of marketing concepts within the casino/resort industry.
*AACSB – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
Frequently Asked Questions
Our instructional approach combines project monitoring and videoconferencing interaction with guest lectures delivered by casino executives from major gaming corporations, including Caesars/Harrah’s Entertainment, MGM Resorts International, Penn National Gaming, Boyd Gaming Corporation, Ameristar, and many more.
Students may enroll in the Fall or Spring semester.
Not necessarily; however, students are recommended to complete HTM 378 first.
The undergraduate course fees can be found on the Financial Aid website, or call 601.266.4774 for assistance. Or visit: http://choose.usm.edu/degrees.php
Courses are all online so there are no out-of-state fees.
Students can access the class through the internet from any computer with internet access. Most courses require use of word processing or spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office is preferred).
How do I go through the proctoring process?
- Before sitting for the proctored comprehensive examination, must submit to the CHTM department unofficial transcript to verify successful coursework completion
- Follow University proctoring process defined at http://www.usm.edu/lec/proctoring/
How do I get my certificate?
- Student will be responsible for submitting to official transcripts documenting successful completion of coursework and comprehensive examination.
- CHTM department will audit each student for certificate verification.
- Once verified, the CHTM department will send notification of certificate completion to the Registrar’s Office.
- Upon receipt of the certificate verification, the Registrar’s Office will award the certificate that will be send to the CHTM department for mail out to the student.
What other online degrees are offered by Online at Southern Miss?
Please visit our programs page here: https://online.usm.edu/programs/
What are the costs?