You like hands-on science in a fast-paced and challenging environment. You excel at anticipating and solving problems quickly, you love working in a laboratory setting, and you’re ready to invest more into the career that you love. Take the next step in your career by becoming a certified Medical Laboratory Scientist.
This completely online graduate degree will provide you with the education and requirements necessary to earn professional certification at the medical scientist level. With the degree completely online, it allows you to learn anywhere, anytime without ever having to step inside a physical classroom. This is part of our flexible learning that is geared towards the working professional who can’t fit going to a college campus everyday into their schedule.
To qualify for this program, you’ll need:
- Complete Graduate School application online
- Pay application fee
- Submit official transcripts to the Graduate School
- Submit GRE scores to the Graduate School
- Submit three letters of recommendation and documentation of national medical technologist certification to the chair of Medical Laboratory Sciences
- If English is not your native language, present a MTELP of “Proficiency II” or TOEFL of 550 (regardless of previous college experience)
Are you ready to take the next step, but still have a few questions?
“Are there any additional fees? What GRE scores are required? How many years does one have to complete the M.S. Degree?”
We answer these questions and many more on our FAQ page!
At Online at Southern Miss, we know that this is your life, plus college, and we want your degree to take you where you want to go!