Choosing a career is a big moment! If teaching is right for you, Southern Miss is here to help you prepare for a lifetime of imparting wisdom for generations to come. Teachers are heroes, responsible for arming their students with the knowledge to change the world. It all starts with a test, the Praxis. Let’s walk through the steps to get registered, and then we’ll show you where to go to get the material to help you study.
What is the Praxis?
The Praxis is a standardized test that universities use to test the reading, writing, and mathematical skills of future teachers. It is also used to measure the subject-specific knowledge that students want to teach. Registration is easy! Just Follow these steps:
- First, go to the ETS website ets.org.
- You will see a list of each available test across the top of the page: GRE, PRAXIS, TOEIC, and TOEFL. For this, you’ll click “Praxis” in the middle of the page.
- You will see three tabs on the page, the first tab is For Test Takers. If this is not selected, please select.
- Once you’ve done this, select whether you’re a returning test taker, or looking to schedule your first exam.
- At the top of the next page, you’ll see a light blue banner across the top of the page with a list of options. Click “Registration” then “How to Register.”
- This will allow you to select from six options. Select “Schedule Your Test.”
- Once you have entered your testing taking information, the Calendar at the bottom will update with test times for your selected test center. You can even select the “Test from Home” option to take the test when is most convenient for you.
- Select a date and time from the calendar, and click schedule.
- Here you will be prompted to either login or create an account. If you don’t already have a Praxis login account, you can create on this page. Once you’re ready, log in.
- Once you’ve logged into your account, you can pay and finalize your testing schedule from inside your account.
Congratulations! You are registered for the Praxis test!
Once you’ve registered, you can log in at any time to view your account at ets.org/praxis. From your account homepage, you can register for other tests, review your test scores, find information about your state’s testing requirements, and a lot more. You can even find information about your future career as a teacher! There are also a number of practice tests, and prep activities available to help you do your absolute best on the test in the Prepare for your Test option. Here you’ll find videos, practice exercises, webinars, and plenty of materials to make sure you’re ready for anything. Now you’ll be ready for anything on test day!