Choosing a career is a big moment! If teaching is right for you, Southern Miss is here to help you prepare for a lifetime of imparting wisdom for generations to come. Teachers are heroes, responsible for arming their students with the knowledge to change the world. It all starts with a test, the Praxis.
What is the Praxis?
The Praxis is a standardized test that universities use to test the reading, writing, and mathematical skills of future teachers. It is also used to measure the subject-specific knowledge that students want to teach. Registration is easy! Just Follow these steps:
- First, go to the ETS website ets.org.
- You will see a list of each available test across the page: GRE, HiSET, PRAXIS, TOEFL, and TOEIC. For this, you’ll click “Praxis” in the middle of the page.
- You will see three tabs on the page, the first tab is For Test Takers. If this is not selected, please select.
- You can now scroll down to see a list of Quick Links under these tabs. Click Register for a test. This will take you to the Praxis registration page. This page gives information about the Praxis that you should know. When you scroll down you will see a button marked “Register Online Now,” click that button.
- Here you will be prompted to either login or create an account. If you don’t already have a Praxis login account, you can create on this page. Once you’re ready, log in.
- On the next page, you’ll see your Praxis account dashboard. Here you can see your scores, manage your profile, and most importantly, register for the exam.
- After you click Register for Exam, you’ll be taken to a screen with information on test administration, payment, and score reporting. Once you’ve read the information, and you agree, click “I Agree” at the bottom right of the screen.
- The next page will ask about your background information. After you complete the brief survey, continue to the next page.
- Here you will select your state and the agency for which you plan to be teaching, and click Search.
- On the next page, you’ll select the test or tests you want to take and click “Continue” at the bottom of the page. You can select the Praxis Core, or one of the Praxis subject-specific tests.
- The next page will ask you to verify the tests you have selected to take. If this information is correct, click “Schedule Computer Test(s)” to proceed.
- Here you will search for a center to administer your test. You can even sign up to test right here at Southern Miss!
- Once you’ve selected the testing center, you’ll be asked to select a time and date. Once you do this, click “Continue” to confirm your selected time.
- On the next page, you’ll select the school to which you’ll like to send your test results. Once you do, click “Continue.”
- On the next page, you will confirm your order for the test. If everything looks correct, you will continue to the payment screen. Once you’ve paid you’ll be taken to your account’s homepage.
Congratulations! You are registered for the Praxis test!
Once you’ve registered, you can log in at any time to view your account at ets.org/praxis. From your account homepage, you can register for other tests, review your test scores, find information about your state’s testing requirements, and a lot more. You can even find information about your future career as a teacher!