Are you a full-time early childhood educator, social services caseworker, or child support specialist looking to enhance your career? Maybe you’ve thought about going back to school, but you don’t know how to fit travelling to a physical classroom into your busy schedule. That’s where Online at Southern Miss comes in!
Our online Master of Science in Child and Family Studies is now offered fully online. It is specifically designed for working professionals who already create positive changes in organizations, agencies, and educational settings. We are here to help you be the best that you can possibly be.
So, if you’re ready to continue your role in the development and interaction patterns of children, youth, and families within their social systems, we’re ready to help you take that next step.
Our degree requirements for this course are:
- Orientation to Child and Family Studies
- Theories in Child and Family Studies
- Individual Family Life Cycle Development
- Parenting Across the Lifespan
- Adolescence and the Family System
- Marriage Education
- Practice of Family Research
- Family Advocacy
- Advanced Child Development
- Family Life Education
- Adult and Aging in the Family System
- Seminar in Child Development
- Program Evaluation and Assessment
- Practicum in Child and Family Studies
Are you ready to take the next step but have a few more questions, such as: “Do I need anything special for the program?” “What can I expect when I start taking classes?” or “What are the costs and how do I find out about financial aid?”
We have the answers on our Frequently Asked Questions page!
Let Online at Southern Miss take your education to the top!