Have you been thinking about applying for a GI Bill? You’ve heard it can come with some big benefits, but maybe you’re not sure what they are or if they can be put towards the goals you want to achieve. One way you can benefit the most from using your GI Bill is through higher education.
Today we have brought you 5 great ways you can use your GI Bill for education. Spoiler alert: you are not the only member of your family that can benefit from your GI Bill!
5 Ways to Use Your GI Bill
- Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees: Whether you are looking to earn your undergraduate or graduate degree, your GI Bill can help you pay for your classes. A fully online degree + your GI Bill can create limitless opportunities for you in the world of education.
- Test Fees: Your GI Bill may pay you back for approved test and even college application fees. This is a huge benefit for those looking to become certified/licensed in their field.
- Tuition Assistance Top-Up: If your GI Bill’s Tuition Assistance (TA) doesn’t cover your entire tuition of your undergraduate or graduate degree, there is a “Top-Up” program that can help cover the cost your TA doesn’t cover. This will help you get more tuition funding.
- Annual Book Stipend: Post 9/11 GI Bill recipients can receive up to $1000 yearly for books and other supplies that might be needed for your college education.
- Military Spouse: You may be able to transfer your unused GI Bill benefits to your military spouse or dependent children. This is a great benefit to those who may have already reached their educational goals before joining the military.
There is an important step to utilizing any of the benefits above towards your college education. The important step is finding a contact within your university of choice that can help you apply and navigate your GI Bill benefits. Fortunately, The University of Southern Mississippi has been ranked as a Gold standard in Military Friendliness.
Our Center for Military Veterans, Service Members and Families has an entire team of people who are dedicated to helping you earn your degree. They are there to help you get the most out of your GI Bill and your time with us at Southern Miss!
The Center is dedicated to serving those who deserve it the most, our military veterans, service members, and their families.
Get started today on using your GI Bills benefits by visiting our fully online programs here!