Earn your Business Certificate online from Online at Southern Miss!
Whether you manage people, projects or budgets, the Graduate Online Business Foundations certificate is designed for you. Online at Southern Miss allows students to explore the fundamentals of the business industry in a convenient and affordable online platform. Beginning in 2014, The University of Southern Mississippi’s College of Business launched the region’s only graduate business certificate program on the foundations of business.
The business certificate can be completed in as little as two semesters, with no need to step inside a physical classroom. Our faculty-designed courses will focus on the areas of Management, Accounting, Marketing, and Finance. Let your education take you where you want to go. This is your life, plus college.
The Certificate in Business Foundations is a 12 hour curriculum that provides foundational knowledge and skills in four business disciplines: management, accounting, marketing and finance. The certificate program is fully online, and is designed for students with non-business undergraduate degrees. Admission to the Graduate Certificate Program requires a baccalaureate degree in any subject area from a college or university approved by a recognized accrediting agency.
- A bachelor’s degree in any field of study from an accredited institution.
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 2.75.
- Test of English as a second language for international applicants.
Successful completion of 12 hours in the following graduate level courses:
A 3.0 GPA is required for completion of the certificate program.
Please note that the above information is meant to be a guide and is not official. For further information regarding courses for this degree, see the University Bulletin. Please be aware that not all course choices listed in the University Bulletin are available online. However, sufficient online options are available to complete this degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. The certificate program was designed for individuals wanting a better understanding of basic business.
- January 1 – Spring admission
- August 1 – Fall admission
- Management is offered the first eight weeks of the fall semester.
- Accounting is offered the second eight weeks of the fall semester.
- Finance is offered the first eight weeks of the spring semester.
- Marketing is offered the second eight weeks of the spring semester.
The current tuition rates may be viewed here: http://www.usm.edu/graduate-school/tuition-fees. Out of state fees are waived for fully online classes
If USM is the last institution you attended, and you previously sent all other transcripts, the Graduate School will pull those for you.
1. Application to the Graduate School: The online graduate application portal (https://www.usm.edu/graduate-school/apply-graduate-school) is used to submit all application materials. A non-refundable application fee of $60 must be paid prior to the submission of the completed application.
2. Transcripts: Official transcripts from every institution of higher learning previously attended must be submitted to the Graduate School.
3. GPA Requirement – An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, with an earned GPA of 2.75 or higher
4. Immunization Records