Business Foundations Graduate Certificate
Whether you manage people, projects or budgets, the Graduate Certificate in Business Foundations is designed for you. Online at Southern Miss allows students to explore the fundamentals of the business industry in a convenient and affordable online platform. Beginning in 2014, The University of Southern Mississippi’s College of Business launched the region’s only graduate business certificate program on the foundations of business.
The business certificate can be completed in as little as two semesters, with no need to step inside a physical classroom. Our faculty-designed courses will focus on the areas of Management, Accounting, Marketing, and Finance. Let your education take you where you want to go. This is your life, plus college.
1. Application to the Graduate School: The online graduate application portal (https://www.usm.edu/graduate-school/apply-graduate-school) is used to submit all application materials. A non-refundable application fee of $60 must be paid prior to the submission of the completed application.
2. Transcripts: Official transcripts from every institution of higher learning previously attended must be submitted to the Graduate School.
3. GPA Requirement – An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, with an earned GPA of 2.75 or higher
4. Immunization Records
Successful completion of 12 hours in the following graduate level courses:
BA 600 – Management Foundations
BA 611 – Accounting Foundations
BA 650 – Marketing Foundations
BA 670 – Finance Foundations
Frequently Asked Questions
No. The certificate program was designed for individuals wanting a better understanding of basic business.
- Students interested in the MBA program can take the accounting and finance course to satisfy prerequisite requirements or earn the entire certificate for a better foundation in business concepts before beginning the MBA program.
- January 1 – Spring admission
- August 1 – Fall admission
- Management is offered the first eight weeks of the fall semester.
- Accounting is offered the second eight weeks of the fall semester.
- Finance is offered the first eight weeks of the spring semester.
- Marketing is offered the second eight weeks of the spring semester.
If USM is the last institution you attended, and you previously sent all other transcripts, the Graduate School will pull those for you.