An Online Sport Event Security Management Degree (MBA) From Southern Miss!
As the only program of its kind in the United States, The University of Southern Mississippi College of Business and the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (NCS4) are proud to offer the Master of Business Administration with an emphasis in Sport Event Security Management. Today, it is essential for individuals seeking top management positions in the sport security industry to possess the business knowledge needed to manage operations, including the ability to present a business case for return on investment for security and management solutions. By supplementing the online Sport Event Security Management degree, graduates will be able to differentiate themselves by gaining the standard principles of business in conjunction with real-world experience necessary for security practitioners.
The University of Southern Mississippi’s MBA is accredited by the AACSB and was ranked in the top 200 “Best Part-Time MBA Programs” by U.S. News and World Report. No matter where you live, earn your online Sport Security Event Management degree (MBA) from one of the top programs in the country. This program will help you bridge the gap between business and safety within the field of sports.
Let your education from The University of Southern Mississippi take you where you want to go with this online Sport Event Security Management degree (MBA) This is your life, plus college.
Check out some of the jobs our graduates landed after earning this degree:
- Director of Safety and/or Security at Professional Sport Venues
- Director of Facility/Event Operation
- Director of Public Safety
- Emergency Management Director
- Chief Security/Risk Officer
Your future starts at Southern Miss!
SPECIALIZE YOUR MBA WITH NCS4
NCS4 is a recognized academic leader in addressing potential threats and risks to safety and security at sporting events.
The College of Business and NCS4 partnership offers a unique degree experience that will help you stand out in the workplace
and be specialized in the field. With this online Sport Event Security Management degree you will:
- Gain real-time experience with industry leaders through NCS4
- Partner with safety and security experts across the country from professional sports leagues, marathons, high schools
and college universities.
- Apply the latest technology to solutions in the field.
- Have an opportunity to participate in the annual National Sports Safety and Security Conference produced by NCS4.
Organizational Behavior and Leadership
Analytical Decision Making
Global Location and Trade
Global Business Systems
Global Business Strategy
Please note that the above information is meant to be a guide and is not official. For further information regarding courses for this degree, see the University Bulletin. Please be aware that not all course choices listed in the University Bulletin are available online. However, sufficient online options are available to complete this degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
After you submit your application to the graduate school, send your resume, transcript(s), and a cover letter requesting the waiver to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes; once you complete the application for the online masters in business administration and upload your resume, cover letter, and statement of purpose, you should be able to pay the application fee and submit your application. The outside documents can still be added after you submit your application.
There is no minimum score because performance on the GMAT or GRE is only one component of the application package. The average GMAT score of applicants admitted to the program is approximately 500 (on a scale of 200-800); a GRE score equivalent to this GMAT score would be expected. To be accepted into the online masters in business administration, scores must be no more than 5 years old.
Deadlines for International Applicants:
- March 1 – Summer Admission
- April 1 – Fall admission seeking a Graduate Assistantship
- May 1 – Final Fall Admission
- October 1 – Spring Admission
Deadlines for All Other Applicants:
- April 1 – Summer admission and fall admission seeking a Graduate Assistantship
- June 1 – Final fall admission
- November 1- Spring admission
Previous graduate coursework may be able to be used in place of the undergraduate GPA. Another alternative would be to earn a second bachelor’s degree with a higher GPA.
Please send a copy of your transcript to email@example.com for review. If you do need prerequisites, you can satisfy the requirements on the undergraduate or graduate level. We offer an online graduate certificate program in business foundations, and two of the four courses can be used to meet the accounting and finance prerequisites.
If USM is the last institution you attended, and you previously sent all other transcripts, the Graduate School will pull those for you.
i. MBA 600, 605, 611, and 640 are offered in the fall.
ii. MBA 610, 620, 650, and 660 are offered in the spring.
iii. MBA students typically take electives in the summer.
i. Students admitted in a fall or summer semester can complete their MBA online in about two years by taking two classes a semester.
ii. Students admitted in a spring semester may take an additional year because the capstone course, MBA 660, and comprehensive exam are only offered in the spring. In order to take the capstone and comprehensive exam, students must have already completed all four fall classes and must have already completed or be enrolled in the other three spring classes.
i. MBA students can declare an emphasis in Sports Event Security Management by taking the following three electives:
1. SM 620 – Introduction to Sport Security Management
2. SM 626 – Threat and Risk Assessment of Sports Venues
3. SM 628 – Sport Event Emergency Response Planning
ii. Depending on when these electives are offered, the timeframe to complete the online Sport Event Security Management degree may vary.
No, online masters in business administration students pay resident tuition.
Other classes that aren’t listed may count towards your online Sport Event Security Management degree once your transcript has been evaluated and posted.
Yes, the online masters in business administration program is available totally online. Students are not required to visit campus for an in-class lecture; however, an online lecture may be required by your instructor.
If yes, visit online.usm.edu/military for more information on how Southern Miss can serve you and your needs. We will help you with funding and scholarship information, admissions and course enrollment.
The prospective student must complete the Graduate School admission application online and pay the application fee at http://apps.usm.edu/graduate-school/grad-school-apps/.
Additional course fees to the online masters in business administration may apply. Fees range between $20-$60.
Please visit our programs page here: https://online.usm.edu/programs/
In addition to adhering to the Admission Requirements and Procedures, the master’s program applicant must:
- Have completed prerequisite courses in statistics, accounting, and finance.
- Submit either a GRE or GMAT exam score. There are two possible waivers for the required exam score. Applicants who have already earned a graduate degree are granted an automatic waiver. Applicants who can demonstrate 5 years or more of progressive, managerial work experience can apply for test waiver consideration. Work experience waivers are selective and only granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Have completed prerequisites courses in statistics, accounting and finance.
- Submit either a GRE or GMAT exam score. There are two possible waivers for the required exam score. Applicants who have already earned a graduate degree are granted an automatic waiver. Applicants who can demonstrate 5 years or more of progressive, managerial work experience can apply for test waiver consideration. Work experience waivers are selective, and only granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Statement of purpose
- Submit a cover letter addressed to the Graduate Programs Admission Committee.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional sources.